Wednesday, September 30, 2009

August 20th

"You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavor?" - Matthew 5:13

What is one of the uses of salt? One of the first uses that came to my mind was it's uses in earlier days to keep food from decaying. Think about it...we are 'the salt of the earth'. Personally, I think that we, as the salt of the earth, are in charge of combatting against the society's moral and spiritual decay. We were given the life we lead to make a difference and touch someone else's. If we lose the faith that He has bestowed upon us, and the spirit to go out and change things, we have 'lost our flavor'. I don't want to lose my flavor, I want to keep my passion to change the world for the better. I want to make a positive impact on this generation. We have to stop this generation from rotting to the core. We have to use our influence to stop the moral and spiritual decay of our world as it is now.Think about how badly the people of this earth are suffering right now. Right now we live in a world where abuse, suicide, starvation, prostitution, and feelings of hopelessness are abundant.How much worse can it get? I don't want to know the answer to that question. If we all lose our flavor, our will to change, we might find the answer to that question whether we want to or not. Instead, I want to answer the question of How good can it get? I want to live to see a day where no one was murdered, a day where no one had to worry about whether they were going to eat or not..a day that everyone can feel beautiful without having to cake on makeup or lose massive quantities of pounds. Call me naive, but I believe if we all do our part this day can become a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment