Wednesday, September 30, 2009

August 17, 2009

"so that you may be able to discern what is BEST and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ" -Philippians 1:10.

discern: to fully understand or grasp.

What i take away from this verse is that it's up to us to decide what is best for us. It's up to us to make the decision that is best for honoring God. We can't make the decision unwillingly or without making that decision for a reason. We have to fully grasp the situation and choose to do right even if our mind tells us that the less optimal choice is better. If we try to follow that way of life, maybe then we can get one step closer to becoming a purer person.

I did an extra verse because I've been looking for a good one to look to when i'm having some trouble..and because i can't sleep and i'm really nervous and anxious, and this keeps my mind from worrying as much and will hopefully put me at peace so that i can fall asleep. It's almost 2 AM now so bear with me.

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1st corinthians 10:13

This verse is saying that God will never give you a situation that you can't handle, but at the same time it won't be easy enough to overcome by yourself. He has faith in every single one of us, and He is always here to lend us his strength so that we can succeed through these obstacles. He uses them to bring us closer to Him. Whether that obstacle is family problems, relationship troubles,abuse, pain, or stress.Personally, this verse is very close to me. I've been thrown so many obstacles, and it seems like all at once. Things started to go wrong, one right after another. I felt alone, always hurting, always scared and stressed. I felt like I couldn't handle life, and everything I had to do. A lot of my friends are very close to God, and they are always busy, but they never seemed to be crumbling under pressure. While I was analyzing everything, I realized the one important thing that was missing in my equation that was present in theirs...was God. Over the years I had become distant from Him, and I suffered.I started building back my relationship, and now I feel much more at peace with myself and with my life. I've started reacting to my nervous breakdowns with the word and let me tell you, it's more calming than retail therapy and going on and on and on about me in a psychiatrist's office only to hear "Uhuh". Now I feel like 'standing up underneath' my problems and temptations is actually a reality, that I can achieve it, but only with God's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment